Thursday, May 19, 2011

What to Or Not to Expect

Click, click…I was attached to my bike and it moved effortlessly with me everywhere I went, even into the ditch. Well, not really, but it sure felt like I was going to hurl myself into the ditch and still believe it will probably happen. What I don’t want to happen is an all out end-over-end crash while cruising as fast as my little legs will go downhill. So what’s the big deal you may ask…it’s called aerodynamics. Being in a tucked position with your elbows close together in the aerobars doesn’t give you nearly as much balance as the good old typical road bike position. I am making it into a bigger deal then it really is but it is honestly the only thing I am adjusting to on my tri bike. Everything else about my tri bike is far superior to my aluminum frame road bike. I absolutely love my Specialized.
  I wasn’t sure what to expect on my first ride out. I have heard so many mixed opinions. Some say that tri bikes aren’t as comfortable as road bikes, while others say tri bikes are way more comfortable then road bikes. Before my first ride I was of the opinion that the tri bike would be faster but not as comfortable. I was right and wrong. The tri bike is faster AND way more comfortable mostly due to the fact that I was specifically fitted to the bike. I have never been fitted to a bike before and never knew the importance of having it done. If you haven’t been fitted to your bike I highly recommend it. In fact, it will make your riding experience a whole lot better. It’s worth the extra cash.
  As I continue to ride my Specialized I will continue to update you on all significant experiences. See you on the road.

Smiles, Alicia

1 comment:

  1. Sounds marvelous!! Was fitted to my bike (a Mongoose)...but I'm sure not as precisely as your experience. Enjoy it...every moment. Focus on the neat feel...not the crash...and it won't happen. No place for "stinkin thinkin" out there on the road! Wish I were able to do something like this again...enjoying the whole experience vicariously through you. Courage...be strong!!!

    ReplyDelete