Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Ride: Specialized Transition and Bronchitis.



I had mixed feelings when I went to the store to finally pick up my first ever tri bike. I was excited and yet also hesitant spending that kind of money on a bike. It's important to mention that I did get an amazing deal on the bike but spending more than a couple hundred bucks is alot of money for me.
  It has been a dream of mine to get a tri bike for years. I never thought it would come true but would spend time dreaming about the moment. I always imagined myself being out-of-control excited and not able to sleep at night. That isn't exactly what happened. I was excited but was coming down with bronchitis. My first ever ride on the bike lasted about 5 minutes and ended with me gasping for air. I love the bike but just wish I could ride it. I haven't been able to train for about 7 days now due to the bronchitis. I just wheeze and sneeze and cough and hack and so on. It's miserable. I feel like all my hard training has gone down the toilet. Real bummer!!! Oh well, as soon as I get better I will push on!!!
 More about the bike...the bike is full carbon fiber and I ordered a special seat post to fit my body type and I ordered a female seat. Jay, the guy from the bike shop, fitted me to the bike and made many cuts on the bike to make it fit just right. We spent lots of time getting on and off the bike before bringing it home. He did a fantastic job meeting my needs, and making the bike comfortable. The bike isn't close to the top of the line but it's just perfect for what I will be doing. It is fully capable of giving me a great ride at Lake Placid!!! Yahoo!!!
  As soon as I get rid of this bronchitis I hope to hit the road and start conditioning again for my trial Lake Placid ride this summer.

  By the way, I bought the bike at Center Street Cycles. I love the shop and highly recommend them. We bought Tuck's first Specialized bike there and way back when I bought my first pink bike there. Pretty cool to keep going back to the same shop. Support locals!!!!
 I will write about my first ride as soon as the ride happens!!! I hear the first ride is painful, the second is sore and the third is fantastic!!! I will keep you up-to-date.

 For now I continue to make nasty noices with my cough...go away already bronchitis!!!!!!!! I don't hate much but I hate you bronchitis.

Smiles
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment