Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Crew and My Team

This past spring I joined the Midcoast Triathlon Club. I received my free MTC hat and MTC t-shirt which I wear proudly. I have been training with this crew consistently for nearly a year. There are over a hundred MTC members but I mostly know the morning training crew.  Those of you who know me know that I am a morning person. I love to train in the morning so I can focus on parenting, work, etc the rest of the day. I have referred to some of the morning crew in previous blogs but I thought it was about time to introduce you to these people. I will introduce you to the few I know. I am still trying to figure everyone out as I am sure they are trying to figure me out. I have figured out several things for sure though, everyone has been very welcoming, kind, considerate and helpful.  The club is very family friendly and even schedules stuff that includes our kiddos. It’s a great crew and I am so thankful I have jumped aboard. So in a sentence or two let me introduce you to some of my new tri buddy’s. In alphabetical order:
Christina: Is the sweetest, most caring, and considerate lady. She is an amazing quilter, biker and swimmer. If you see a pretty lady swimming in the ocean without a wetsuit it’s definitely Christina.
Dominique: Is a hilarious, thoughtful, out-going power house. She is one strong lady. She is a mother of two and dang good at it. If you are swimming and someone goes by you so fast that you feel like you are sitting still its Dominique. 
Erik: Is a hard-driven, ambitious, go-getter. Erik is the best indoor spin instructor. His instructing is the reason I am able to continue spinning indoors all winter long. Watch out for his blue lights though, this lieutenant isn’t anyone to mess with.
Jerry: Is a determined, focused, hard-driven little lady. She is so tiny and yet powerful. Jerry is a mother of two and from Singapore. If you see a small speck go flying by it was probably pretty little lady Jerry cruising on her bike.
Jill: is an inspiring, motivating, considerate hard-working lady. I have to give Jill the credit for increasing my bike mileage. We have covered a lot of ground together this summer. If it wasn’t for Jill I wouldn’t be where I am on the bike right now. If you see a chick go whizzing by you with wicked high cadence eating a frosty’s doughnut it’s Jill!!! J 
Kathy: is a vivacious, boisterous, competitive angry kitty. Kathy fights for me when all men folk start to attack!! She is my guardian. If you hear someone laughing constantly while swimming (yes even while swimming), biking and running it’s probably Kathy who is scheming up something new and crazy to do to Tom.
Rich: Is funny, crazy, brave, and adventuresome. He has accomplished so many amazing adventures in his lifetime. Rich can be found swimming, road biking, running, mountain biking and everywhere else in between.  He has done it all.
Tom: Is supportive, determined and hilarious. I feel as though Tom has taken me (the amateur) to the next level.  Tom has given up a lot of his time and training to educate me on the game of triathlon. He is the go-to-marathon man. What a runner. If you see someone leave only dust in his path it’s 100% Tom. He’s a prankster so watch out and pay him back. Haha!!!
Valerie: Is courageous, determined and strong. She was the one that sparked my interest in actually doing an ironmen. She is the one that encouraged me to join the MTC crew. If you get chicked on the bike take a good look at the pink tri bike flying by you, it’s Val. 
Walter: Is kind, inspiring and encouraging. He has single handedly given me more hope in my triathlon abilities than anyone else.  He encourages me to be more than I think I am capable of. If you see someone cruise past you on the bike, making it look super easy then it’s probably Walter.
 There are even more such as Katherine, Sue, Mark, Dave, John, Jim, Doug and the list continues. Anne and Roy are another wonderful couple that have really inspired me and have helped inform me in a big way what Lake Placid is all about. As I continue to get acquainted I will have to update this list. These are some of the people who make the triathlon sport very enjoyable for me. These are the people who are encouraging me. These are the people that I am PROUD to call my TEAM!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment