Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Volunteer/Training Camp Lake Placid

So we (Jamie, Tuck, my parent's and I) are leaving for Lake Placid. I am not racing, just volunteering this year. I am volunteering in order to register for 2012 and in order to educate myself about race day as much as possible.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Why am I nervous??? Because I am getting ready to commit to an Ironman that will take place in one year.This coming Monday morning I will be handing over my cash to race Lake Placid July 22, 2012!!!!! Yikes.The count down is about to begin. My race season is about to start. My Ironman is 12 months away. I have so much to do between now and then. I am feeling good about the base I have built thus far and feel it will definitely help me out this coming year but I have so, so far to go.
  The plan for the week-end is to ride the 112 mile bike course this Friday, starting at 7a.m. Then Saturday I might go for a run in the morning followed by my volunteer meeting at 9a.m. (Usually I do not train or go to triathlon related meetings on Sabbath. I might run this time since I will be going with people that know the course and can show me around. Also I  hope to focus more on just relaxing not racing. The volunteer meeting is mandatory and I must be there in order to volunteer Sunday. Saturday I receive my volunteer shirt and bracelet. As soon as my meeting is over I hope to spend the rest of the day with my family enjoying the Sabbath.) Sunday I will be volunteering as swim security from 5a.m. to 10a.m. Then the rest of Sunday I will be cheering on my teammates and I will be soaking up anything and everything related to the race. I hope to check out the transition areas, view part of the bike course and run course and watch as racer's finish. Monday morning I hope to line up early to register for 2012!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I am about to do this. I can't wait for the new challenge.
   I hope to take lots of pictures of IMLP and to document everything I learned. I will blog about it when I return.
It's about to begin!!!
 
 
Smiles, Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment