Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Kancamagus Highway

Kancamagus Highway
 
  Several weeks ago my husband, son and I found ourselves relaxing in the White Mountains with my husband's family. We were staying at Loon Village in Lincoln, NH. If you are familiar with New Hampshire you know that Loon Village is situated at the beginning or end (which ever you think) of the Kancamagus. It was a no brainer that I had to bike the Kanc while there. We arrived in Lincoln Thursday night. I waisted no time and jumped on my bike Friday morning. I was so excited to crank the Kanc. I left Lincoln and biked to Conway then turned around and biked back to Lincoln. It was only 63 miles but included some great uphill. The climb wasn't too bad, just slow and steady. I felt like the climb from Lincoln to the top was shorter but a bit steeper and the climb from Conway to the top was much longer but not so steep.
  At the end of the ride my husband asked me if I stopped at all and I told him I didn't and there wasn't any need to. Once you get to the top of the pass you have 15-20 minutes of downhill. The downhill allows plenty of time to rest. It's a beautiful thing.
  I definitely recommend the Kanc to any bike enthusiast. The Kanc not only gives you a great little climb (both ways) but also some beautiful views and some wonderful downhills.
 
  So go crank the Kanc.
 
Smiles, Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment