Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Run...Anything is Possible

Several years ago if you told me I was going to run from Rangeley to Oqussoc or that I was going to run from the camp to Saddleback Mountain and back I would have laughed. Both routes are about 15 + miles and have some good climbs. Now, 15 miles on a bike doesn’t sound bad at all; sounds doable, easy in fact, but running 15 miles? Wow!! I would have never dreamed of running either route even 2 years ago. The routes aren’t a huge deal but running 15 + miles was out of the question a couple years ago. Something I never thought I would be able to bike is now something I can run. It just goes to show that anything is possible. We are capable of more than we imagine! God created our bodies to do amazing things. Sometimes when I am running I just look down at my big old feet and my little legs plodding along and am so thankful for the opportunity to run!!! There are a lot of people out there who would do anything to have legs to run; God has blessed me with my short stocky legs and I hope to take advantage of them.
   Long distance running never use to appeal to me but now I love it. Part of me didn’t think I was capable of doing long distance runs. I also thought it sounded like physical and mental torture. With training it’s not that bad. Having said that I must admit, I still cannot fathom running anything longer than a marathon. Maybe 30 miles but that’s it!!  These ultra-marathoner’s blow my mind!! I have no idea how they run so far. To them 15 miles is merely a warm-up. That’s sick (and I say that with respect).

No comments:

Post a Comment