Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It Has Begun!!!!

 This past Sunday I went for my first run since the marathon. Some how I decided 5 miles was a great starter. It felt good but goodness I felt wicked out of shape. Usually when I run past someone I can easily say hi or good morning but this past Sunday it was a little different story. I saw a lady coming and as I approached I prepared to greet her. Finally I approached the lady and began to speak. But it wasn't so easy. I gasped for air first and then I said "Good (followed by a gasp) Morning (followed by a gasp). I couldn't believe the "ease" of speaking while running was gone. Long story short I have my work cut out for me. Feeling a bit out of shape makes me all the more determined though. Tomorrow morning I will be doing my first spin. I am excited about starting in but not excited about putting on my biking gear. It's going to be nice and tight. Haha!!! Oh well, just a friendly remind to pedal hard. 
  It's been 5 weeks since I have gone swimming, biking or running. The break has been wonderful in so many ways which I will write about in a future blog. My recovery is over but I won't start fully training until January. The month of December will  be just an intro back into swimming, biking and running. I hope to do one or two of each per week but that's it. My goal is to work only on cardio not speed or intensity. When January comes the training will be like none other I have ever experienced. So, it has begun. Let the training lead to a great first Ironman. Goodness I can feel my nerves a little bit right now!!! Can't believe that my next training season is for an Ironman. It has always been a dream of mine but something I didn't think we would ever be able to do. I say "we" because it's not a one-man sport like so many think. Jamie, Tucker, my dad and mom, and the whole family are all part of the team. We all are working together to make this happen. Can't believe the support I have felt for doing something so crazy. To God be the glory though. He is the only reason we are capable of doing anything. 

Let the training begin, Alicia  

No comments:

Post a Comment